Sunday, April 26, 2009

Band reviews.

So, I've decided to rate the life proformances of all of the bands I've seen life. Well, because I'm bored and thought it would be something that would excersize my brain.Disclaimer: This is based on a grading system based off of other bands. A band could be amazing life and get a 5 or 6 because of how amazing AMAZING another band was.
John Mayer: 8/10John Mayer was absolutely brilliant live! His show was my first ever, and it was epic. We were at Red Rocks, pretty far back, but I still believe he is one of the best (alive) guitarists out there.


The Vincent Black Shadow: 5/10

They were good, but I didn't really pay much attention. I was too buzzed about being at Warped.


The Almost:6/10

They were good, but we were SO far back. Plus, the whole "We love God" thing kind of bummed me out.


Cute Is What We Aim For: 2/10

It took some time for me to realize how much they really sucked.


Circa Survive: 4/10

We were just watching them while in line, so we didn't really pay much attention. But, from what I cam remember, they sounded good.


Boys Like Girls: 5/10

Lost my love for them, but they were still fun live. I loved standing on a tree and watching, haha.


Play! Radio! Play!: 4/10

Handshakes! Good band live, kinda screechy...


The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: 5/10

They rocked it.


Yellowcard: 4/10

The first time I heard their new stuff. it was good. 6 mosh pits, though? What?


Gallows: 6/10

Yessss. They kick ass.


Chiodos: 6/10

I adore them. Craig sounds flawless live too.


Paramore: 5/10

Not the best band live, but still fun.


Single File: 7/10

I adore those boys. They were so amazing, probably from the buzz of playing mainstage at Warped.


Madina Lake: 7/10

So much fun. One giant orgy.


The Bled: 3/10

Screamo. Ewwie.Styles from Beyond: 1/10Gross.


Saosin: 6/10

I loved them live, but the mosh was a little dumb.


Mindless Self Indulgence: 8/10

I love love love MSI. Live, amazing. Jimmy is so hilarious. What a fun time.


Julien K: 5/10

meh, kind of boring. A bunch of old guys humping mics. Pretty... creepy.


Placebo: 7/10

Baby, did you forget how AMAZING Placebo are live? Haha.


Him: 3/10

I liked them until I saw them live. LAME.


Taking Back Sunday: 7/10

I adore them, but I didn't see enough to give a higher score. But, from what I saw, they were amazing. I love them. :)


My Chemical Romance: 8/10

My first time seeing MCR was amazing. They totally rocked Coors Amp.


Linkin Park: 4/10

They were pretty bad, haha. But, cool lights!


Drive By: 6/10

Drive by was fun. I don't really remember much, though.


Billy Talent: 8/10

I fell in LOVE when I saw them live. Ohh.


My Chemical Romance (again): 9/10

They play so much better when it's in a personal venue. Epic. Frank Iero spit in my mouth though. I loved it at the time, but... ew. D:


Phantom Planet: 7/10

They were totally amazing. And I had no clue that they were the band who played "California" until they did. I didn't expect Rossy to run out either. Funfun.


The Hush Sound: 8/10

One of my favorite bands ever. :) I didn't know it then, but I wish I did. I could have rocked more.


Motion City Soundtrack: 8/10

They did an amazing job. I was so tired by the time they were on, though.


Panic At The Disco: 15/10

This proformance was superior to the rest. The best one I've ever seen period. Probably the best night of my life, too. HCT was too much fun. They were having fun, and so was everyone else. The mood in the room was great.


The Academy Is...: 9/10

William Becket, Adam T. Siska, Michael Cardon, The Butcher, Micheal Guy... need I saw more?


Say Anything: 7/10

Epicness. They played so well.


From First To Last: 7/10

I used to have mad love for them, and at Warped I realized why. They were amazing!


3OH!3: 9/10

Though I could barely see them over the crowd of rabid CO natives, they were AMAZING. I love them. So what?


The Devil Wears Prada: 0/10

Worst band I have ever seen life. The end. :)


Cobra Starship: 8/10

So much fun. Fangs were up.


Jeffree Star: 8/10

Haha, I love jeffree.


Katy Perry: 6/10

we were too far back to really know, but I think she did a really good job.


The Hush Sound (again): 10/10

In-store, and it was so cool. I loved meeting them, and they sounded to amazing acoustic. Right before Chris quit too. :(


The Cab: 9/10

SO much fun. Alex DeLeon kept staring at me. They rocked it.


The Plain White Ts: 7/10

Fun. The lead singer held my hand... cool.


Dashboard Confessional: 8/10

Surprisingly. I used to hate them, but now I don't they were soo good.


Panic At The Disco (again): 13/10

This one's a bit lower, because they smushed all of their old songs into one, and didn't play an encore, but these boys cannot be beat live. Truly amazing night also.


The Frequent Sea: 6/10

not my style of music, but I adore Nerf.


The Northern Way (formally Set Forth): 7/10

Really good proformance. The lead singer is so cute! They were adorable. Local bands! woot!


The Epilogues: 7/10

some scary times for me (aka laura trying to pull me into a mosh) but they were really good. A little screamo, but I can survive.


Single File (again) : 9/10

SUCH a special hometown show. They played great, and made us realize how much they loved us CO kids. They'll always be CO boys, no matter WHERE fame takes them. ;)


Hey Monday:7/10

a lot better than I expected. They sang in tune and together. Still a little too poppy for me.


All Time Low: 7/10

I dislike THEM as people, but they were good live (sexist pigs.)


Cobra Starshio (again): 10/10

You Da Man, Co-Brahh.I love them. Did you know that? Yes, well, too bad. I LOVE THEM.


Metro Station: 1/10

not much better live than TDWP, but I guess there was something there.


Fall Out Boy: 11/10

Unexpectedly, they exceed the '10' as well, just like the amps in Spinal Tap. I didn't expect them to be THAT amazing. They were SO amazing. Politically, they were epic. They had so many good points, and such a good show. Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your reveiws of Panic. (: They are amazing live...Katy Perry sucks live & I def. agree with you about The Devil Wears Prada. bleh. :P FFTL is soooo goood! I realized the same thing at Warped also. (: TAI is one of those superior bands that does so well live. Bill's voice is just amazing! Cobra. Always a fun time. :D Gabe's personality could make the show! I like your reveiws. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there's no beating Panic, is there? And I agree, Metro Station is HORRBILE live.

    ReplyDelete